I’m so happy to be heading out to Palm Springs tonight for a little R&R weekend in the sun. The last time I was there was for my 30th birthday where these gold flamingos stole the show… and these guys do get around! They also more recently made a cameo appearance at Amanda’s Bridal Shower here in LA. I think they are going to stay at home for this trip but you never know when they could pop up again… you just can keep a gold flamingo down.
1. The subway tile backsplash is up and ready to be grouted
2. We put on all the cabinet hardware
To see the sources for all of the pieces in our kitchen look here.
Still to do in the kitchen:
1. Grout the backsplash (still waffling here between dark or light grout).
2. Install shelving on the back wall
3. To wallpaper or not to wallpaper? Originally we were going to put up this wallpaper above the backsplash but now that everything is coming together and looking so bright and clean and white we are kind of loving it just like that… hmm more decisions.
Maybe it’s the graphic designer in me but I like a simple clean grid pattern. Here are a few that you can wear and decorate or dine with.
This weekend we spent some time catching up on things around the house and took a few breaks to enjoy the fall weather, that feels like summer, in LA by taking the dogs on a good hike. It was much appreciated by our little furry kids.
Image from my Instagram