aaand voilà! Here is how the curtains turned out in the space from the DIY project.
1. Ripped out the walls, insulated, and drywalled
2. Trimmed out and painted the ceiling
3. Scraped up the old floor tiles and put in new wood laminate flooring
4. Cleaned up the fireplace and put in a new tiled hearth
5. Put in new patio doors and retrofitted the old screen doors to match
6. Put new window & door trim, base moulding, & crown moulding
7. Made and hung the curtains
8. Painted EVERYTHING
Still to do in the living room:
1. Reface the back wall of the fireplace.
2. Find a new spark guard and new air venty things for the fireplace
3. Find an occasional chair and more art
Images by Sarah
Product guide: Badger Pillow by Donna Wilson // B&W pillow: Ikea // Brass floor lamps: Ballard Designs // Brass bucket: local vintage find // Coffee Table: Home Decorators // Sisal rug: RugsUSA // Cowhide Rug: street vendor in LA // Brass candlesticks: antique shop in southern England // Side Table: my dad made